Data Use Restrictions
Read Carefully Before Using
All of CDC WONDER's datasets are covered by the following policy:
These data are provided for the purpose of statistical reporting and analysis only. The CDC/ATSDR Policy on Releasing and Sharing Data prohibits linking these data with other data sets or information for the purpose of identifying an individual. If the identity of a individual described in a data set is discovered inadvertently, make no disclosure or other use of this information and report the discovery to:Associate Director for Science
Office of Science Policy and Technology Transfer, CDC
Mail Stop D50
Data obtained from the National Center for Health Statistics:
Compressed Mortality, Multiple Cause of Death, Linked Birth / Infant Death records and Natality,
are also covered by the following policy:
The Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 242m(d)) provides that the data collected by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) may be used only for the purpose for which they were obtained; any effort to determine the identity of any reported cases, or to use the information for any purpose other than for statistical reporting and analysis, is against the law. Therefore users will:
- Use these data for statistical reporting and analysis only.
- For sub-national geography, do not present or publish death or birth counts of 9 or fewer or rates based on counts of nine or fewer (in figures, graphs, maps, table, etc.).
- Make no attempt to learn the identity of any person or establishment included in these data.
- Make no disclosure or other use of the identity of any person or establishment
discovered inadvertently and
advise the Director, NCHS of any such discovery.
National Center for Health Statistics
3311 Toledo Road, Rm 7116
Hyattsville, MD 20782
- If you belive any information obtained from CDC WONDER is incorrect, please submit a correction request at http://www.cdc.gov/maso/qualitycontrol/submit.htm.