Scientific Data DocumentationDetail Natality, 2000DSN: CC36.NATAL00.US ( U.S. Natality File) CC36.NATAL00.PS ( Territories Natality File)Natality data for the United States are limited to births occurring within the United States to U.S. residents and nonresidents. Births to nonresidents of the United States are excluded from all tabulations by place of residence. Births occurring to U.S. citizens outside the United States are not included in this file. Natality data for Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa and Northern Marianas are limited to births occurring within the respective territories.
Source for this dataset and documentation is
Systems Programming and Statistical Resources Branch
Division of Vital Statistics,
National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
3311 Toledo Road, Hyattsville, MD 20782-2003
The CC36 dataset was created on the mainframe on February, 2003 and the documentation is current as of January, 2005.
Table of Contents
- List of Data Elements and Locations
- Data File Characteristics
- Record Layout ( Valid for all the above files )
- Introduction to Geographic Code Outline - US
- Geographic Code Outline - US
- Introduction to Geographic Code Outline - Possessions
- Geographic Code Outline - Possessions
- Primary Metropolitan Statistical Areas as adapted for use by NCHS/DVS - US
- Primary Metropolitan Statistical Areas as adapted for use by NCHS/DVS - Possessions
- Technical Appendix - Natality
- Report of Final Natality Statistics - 2000
This page last reviewed: Thursday, January 28, 2016
This information is provided as technical reference material. Please contact us at email@example.com to request a simple text version of this document.