Scientific Data DocumentationDetail Natality, 2004DSN: CC36.NATAL04.US ( U.S. Natality File) CC36.NATAL04.PS ( Territories Natality File)Natality data for the United States are limited to births occurring within the United States to U.S. residents and nonresidents. Births to nonresidents of the United States are excluded from all tabulations by place of residence. Births occurring to U.S. citizens outside the United States are not included in this file. Natality data for Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa and Northern Marianas are limited to births occurring within the respective territories.
Source for this dataset and documentation is
Systems Programming and Statistical Resources Branch
Division of Vital Statistics,
National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
3311 Toledo Road, Hyattsville, MD 20782-2003
The CC36 dataset was created on the mainframe on March, 2007 and the documentation is current as of March, 2007.
Table of Contents
- List of Data Elements and Locations
- Data File Characteristics
- Record Layout ( Valid for all the above files )
- Geographic Code Lists for the United States and the Territories
- Metropolitan Statistical Areas as adapted for use by NCHS/DVS
- Country Codes
- Technical Appendix - Natality
- Births: Final Data for 2004
- Control Total Tables for Selected Revised Certificate Items
This page last reviewed: Thursday, January 28, 2016
This information is provided as technical reference material. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a simple text version of this document.